Tuesday, December 18, 2007

SNOW!

As you may (or may not) have seen on the news - we had a WINTER WEATHER EMERGENCY this past weekend. Basically that means nothing, only the weather's attempt to make you watch longer and watch more of their retarded commercials. BUT - we did get snow. Here's a photo from Friday afternoon - nothing too bad, a few inches on the ground. Nothing completely horrible.
This is a photo from Saturday night when all hell broke lose. We, being stupid Southerner's like we are, and thinking a little snow never hurt anyone thought it was a great idea to drive 30 miles WEST (east is always better when it's snowing) to see friends. LOVE the friends - wouldn't have missed seeing them for the world - some of the best friends we've ever had -but HATE the snow! Going out wasn't too too too terrible - it took twice as long with the snow/ice on the road and the "thundersnow" blowing on my windshield, but we got out there okay. On the way back I thought I was going to die. Again, I love these friends more then anything and wouldn't have traded seeing them for the world, but next time I sure hope God can give me a better night to drive in at least. It took us forever to get home - I drove an average of 20 miles per hour on the way home, all while watching cars run off the road right and left. I made it all the way to our exit and then when I went to put on the brakes (very very very lightly) the car decided it was NOT ready to exit yet and kept going into a snow bank. Luckily it wasn't bad and we got out relatively easily. Usually when it is snowing this bad I make Cody drive, not because I'm a feable female who can't do anything but because I hate to be that stressed. But we had my car and I drive standard while he has automatic - so while he is a better snow driver, I'm still a better driver of my car - and he of his - I would never drive his rear wheel driver car in the snow and I wouldn't let him drive my front wheel drive car in the snow. It was an adventure, but totally worth it to see our friends. They rock - and she makes totally wonderful food!!
This is a picture of the house on Sunday morning. While it doesn't look much worse then on Friday we probably had four or five more inches of snow here. At this point since I park on the street (Cody and the motorcycle get the garage) I basically park on an ice rink. :) While it may be cute and pretty, snow is a pain in the ass!!! It's nice on the weekend when you can go ice skating and sledding (I'll post pictures of these fun events from yesterday later) but a pain when you HAVE to go out in it. Hopefully it will warm up past 30 and melt it soon. I'm just looking forward to Florida and temperatures above freezing. If it gets cold while we're there I'm going to scream. Here that? I put up with the cold here! I'd BETTER get warm weather for Christmas!!

1 comment:

Jon said...

I read a humorous essay/journal entry about someone moving from the south to the north in time for winter. By the end of it, one of the final entries was, "Jesus! More of that white crap!!!"
I grew up in snow, and do not miss living in it.