Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Gators in the Final Four!!!

Okay, I've been horrible about writing lately - blame it on the computer. Our laptop (pretty much the only computer we use since Cody's computer is seriously old) has a messed up hinge so we've been trying to fix that all week. So how did we finally fix this monsterously expensive piece of high-tech equipment? Call an expert? Take it to a shop? Nope - hot glue! We couldn't figure out what was wrong with the hinge, only that it broke a huge chuck of plastic off the screen so we just hot glued it together. Hopefully that will work for now. Anyway, on to much more important topics....

GATORS ARE IN THE FINAL FOUR!! This is no small feat mind you - we've been the bow-out early, team that gets upset by all the Cinderellas for the past few years, even though we've had favorable seeds. Not this year! No more! We're in the Final Four!! Cody and I are pretty much insane about sports. As most people who know us well can testify, we rarely argue or fight, except during FSU/UF football week - then the gloves come off and it's no holds barred. But during football off season, I'm all Gator (especially since FSU has a pretty non-existant basketball program, sans the once every few years win over Duke [mind you, this is after losing ot the Little Sisters of Charity and the Girl Scouts 65-12]). So we pretty much haven't been able to sleep since the tourney started and it's even worse now that the Gators have made it this far. The Final Four (and Championship Game) are in Indy this year, which I hear is only a 3-4 hour drive from here - we're seriously considering driving over to see if we can get tickets or at least watch it there and party afterwards with fellow Gators. We'll see. . . .

On other notes, Cody got new contacts and I found out I have stress fractures in my tibias from shin splints (running casualty). They hurt but I've been told to do physical therapy and take an atrocious amount of anti-inflamatory medication and I should be okay - if I stop running for a while. But I can't do that - yet - until after the half-marathon in a week and a half. So only a bit more running for me until I take a break, recoup and revive, only to start the marathon training for the fall. It's a 18-22 week program so I don't have too much time off.

Well, off to our last German 1 class (only to start German 2 next week) after a great dinner of CBW (Crazy Bowls and Wraps - they're AWESOME!) . . . . .

No comments: