Friday, June 16, 2006

German relatives ROCK!

Well, it's about 1 am here in Deutschland and we had a great day hanging out with Cody's awesome German relatives! We first went to Norbert's (not sure that's spelled right, but he's also known as "Mr. Blister" for the time he came to the US when Cody was a kid and got terribly burnt at Panama City beach) house and hung out with him and his wife and kid (cute four year old) for a while. Then we headed to Klause's house and had a fun family BBQ (in German style we had brats and pork chops (I think that's what it was)). Great time was had by all! I absolutely love his German relatives!! They are so wonderful and even though I speak very little and very bad German, they are so patient with me and really try to understand me and try to speak English with me as much as they can (their English is way better then my German!). Tomorrow morning we are off to the Rhine River to see some of the old castles down there and to take a boat on the river for a while. I do insist on finding a place to watch the USA v. Italy game tomorrow though - don't miss it!!! I believe it's at 9 pm here so that would be about 3 pm in Tally and 2pm in STL. Also, if anyone happened to tape any of the games we saw (mentioned in previous post), especially the USA v. Czech game, please let me know because we had great seats and during the USA the Czech guy who scored ran right in front of us (we had first row tickets to the right of the goal) so I'm thinking we might have been on TV. :) Now that we'll be leaving his relatives, I'm not sure if I'll be able to find internet again soon, but I'll try. Take care!

No comments: