Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Birthday Weekend

Wow - been a while since I blogged last (yes, I suppose "blogged" can be a verb, as I realized "Wikipedia" can also be a verb today - as in "I don't buy that crap, let's Wikipedia it.")! Since last Wednesday, I had my very own "birthday weekend" - I figured since it seems all of our STL friends celebrate their birthday's for obnoxious amounts of time (the best was Jeffy's "birthday month" - NO FAIR) I could too. Anyway, two of the things I love the most I hardly ever get here and that's the sun and water - so we went to Greg's pool and hung out. Cody, of course, neglected the sunscreen and got burned, I sported the baby oil and got just a darker shade of my new midwest pale (in Florida I always enjoyed my skin - here it's an odd shade of yellow - midwest pale, I call it). Fun in the sun is always good. Then we went out.
On Sunday, Meghan, Danny and the baby came over and we went to the Botanical Gardens (one mof my top three STL places, along with The Zoo and City Museum) so I could check out the Chihuly (glass sculptor dude) art stuff around the garden. Quite cool (I'll post pictures on the website later). Elizabeth actually seemed to be enjoying the gardens until the end and then she got tired and just did nost want to be there anymore. So we left, had a yummy veggie lasagna and cheese cake (courtesy of the Meghan kitchen), and hung out.
Yesterday, on the actual b-day we hung out, went to The Shafly Brewery with Marissa and Cassidy and hung out at home working on getting together for Germany!
Thanks to all who sent their birthday wishes and made it special - much appreciated!

No comments: