Wednesday, June 28, 2006

We're back . . . now I have Bird Flu

Wow - what a trip. And what a few days back. Makes me really wish I were back in Germany. So we get back on Sunday, Glenn picked us up and brought us home and Cody proceeded to bed. I stayed up in an effort to try to get back on US time as soon as possible. So even though I was dead tired, I stayed up and cleaned a bit and did some laundry. Then I went to bed. Then I woke up at 5am (noon Germany time) and just couldn't get back to sleep. So I went to work. I checked my calendar and found I needed to be in Jefferson City for a mediation at 2pm. So I left work around noon and headed out. I stopped by the house to get a bottle of water, but then when I got back in the car it was dead. Totally dead. So I called the other attorney frantic, only to find out the mediation wa Tuesday! AGGG!! Now I had left work early to go to a mediation that didn't exist and my car was dead! So I waited until Cody got home and we went to Wal-Mart for a new battery - and four hours later we were still there. The good news we at least got some more cold medicine and Cody got a new watch (his old one broke somewhere in Switzerland). So we get home, both feeling like crap - I'm convinced we have the Bird Flu (for anyone who doesn't know my sense of humor, I'll go ahead and insert a disclaimer - WE DO NOT REALLY HAVE BIRD FLU - IT'S A JOKE!).
So yesterday I ended up at the mediation in Jefferson City and Cody worked late. I busted my butt when I got home trying to get the trip pictures downloaded but had hard drive space issues. I went through deleting everything I could think off which turned out to include my website creater, Frontpage. So when we finally got all the pictures downloaded I couldn't put them on the webpage. AGGGG!! Then Cody got home, fixed the disk space problem in about 2 minutes and I was an idiot for deleting everything. Now I can't reinstall Frontpage because I have a pirated copy and can't find my pirated key code!
So we get to bed after me wanting to throw the computer against the wall, only for me to wake up at 2am with the worst sore throat ever. So I take some medicine, get back to bed, only to wake up again at 6am when the medicine wore off and can't get back to sleep. So I go to work. I try to convince everyone I have bird flu but they don't buy it - though they did say if I infected them, they at least wanted a fun quarantine.
Now we're trying to figure out how to get the picture online while we eat our first tomato from our garden. At least there's a bright side. No sleep in Germany is way better then no sleep in St. Louis.

No comments: