Monday, July 24, 2006

We're back. . .

Well, we made it back from Tallahassee safe and sound. We had a great time with everyone, though, as always, we regret not having more time, or "enough" time - though I don't know how much time it would take to be "enough" because whatever we have is never enough. Saturday, I got to hang out with my mom, run some errands, do mommy-daughter stuff, and work on the wedding planning. Not so much the planning per se, but the organization of my piles of crap and a discussion and brainstorming session. Saturday evening we hung out with Cody's family to celebrate his sister's 30th birthday. It really seems like just yesterday I remember celebrating her 21st birthday with his family. Boy does time fly. Anyway, we had a great time hang out, catching up, playing with the kids, discussing the wedding and watching old family videos. It was errie how Baylee is so much like Sara was in the videos. I can only hope and pray my kids won't be like me - I was a terror - or so I've been told numerous times. :) Anyway, Sunday we saw both families again, packed up the kitties in the kitty carrier (actually we borrowed a friend's doggie carrier), and stopped by to see some more family. We got to see Dianne (my stepmom), my step-grandparents (who are just like any real set of grandparents to me - there is absolutely nothing "step" about them - they are truly truly wonderful people - I really couldn't ask for anything more from a step-family then I already have), David and Kim, and Athena and Aurora. I know I'm probably prejudice but those girls really are gorgeous - I keep telling David he's going to have to beat the boys with sticks to keep them away. :) It was great to see them, even if for such a short time. Then it was off for another 13 hour drive home - but we made it.

As for wedding news, we sort of got the weekend of events roughly planned out. I'm going to try to post a ton more on the website coming soon, but tonight I'm just too tired. :) Thanks the to absolute genius of Cody's mom (who is the GREATEST wedding planner ever - whether she wants to or not, she's sort of been nominated - she's been AMAZING), we figured out our rehersal dinner deliema. We're doing the rehersal at the gardens but then for the dinner, since we wanted to invite all of the out-of-town guests (and in-town since we never see anyone), we're going to have a pool party at the hotel! We're getting my favorite restraunt (Sonny's) to cater it - should be a total blast! I love it - totally low-key and very "us"! We also finished asking all the bridesmaids this weekend but Cody's still working on his groomsmen. We also asked our three amazing nieces to be flower girls, David to play a song on guitar and Kim to read a passage at the wedding (actually I meant to ask her but haven't yet - plan to email her tonight - so I hope she doesn't read this before I ask her). :) I'm really getting excited!! Now I just have to find a dress and photographer ASAP! Well, no sleep last night so off to bed early tonight. . ..

No comments: