Friday, May 09, 2008

Baby Bird Update

Remember the baby birds that were flung from the warmth and security of their tiny nest in my hanging flower pot when I went to water the pot, took it from its hook, was scared when I saw moving fuzzy stuff and dropped the pot? Well, I'm incredibly happy to report that the mommy bird did return and did continue to sit on her kids. So much so that now the little bald, fuzzy creatures the size of my thumb are now growing actual feathers in with the fuzz and they are almost the length of my pointy finger. I am pleased they are growing and I did not kill them, though am also looking forward to the day they fly away so I can water my plant because it's looking rather dry and it doesn't get wet when it rains (which, I suppose, is why it makes an attractive site for a nest/house for the birds).

No comments: