Sunday, January 29, 2006

It's Alive!

The treadmill is alive!!! It broke sometime last week and Cody has worked his vodoo electrical engineering magic to make it work again!! While we got it for free so didn't have much economically invested in it, the prospect of having to buy a new one isn't exactly feasible at the time being with our tight budgeting (blame it on the World Cup, property tax increase, income taxes, wedding, etc.). Anyway, I need the treadmill because I can't yet run outside after work (still too dark too early) and I need to run (see above list for reasoning - property tax increase, etc.). I'm training for another half-marathon in April (the Spirit of St. Louis again) and then plan to run a marathon in the fall (either the St. Charles in September or the Chicago in October) so in order to make this plan work, I need to run - a lot - and the only way to do that is to join a gym (minimun $30 a month) or use my free treadmill. I prefer the free treadmill option and now that has again become a viable option as Cody is the most wonderful, smartest person on this earth and has fixed the machine! And yes, he's the most wonderful, smartest person on the earth for more reasons then just fixing the treadmill. So, folks, back to my training because my treadmill is again alive!

No comments: