Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sprechen sie Deutsh?

Wow - what a class! We had our first German class in preparation for our hopeful trip to Germany this summer to see the World Cup. It's a good thing Dude is in the class with us so he can answer all my crazy questions! I think the class is going to be really good for all of us - though it's way below Dude at this point. The teacher does a lot of talking in German to get us used to the language but also makes us do a lot of speaking as well. Just in our first class we learned over 10 verbs (and how to conjugate "sein" the word for "to be"), more then a dozen nouns, a bunch of random words (which I'm not sure what part of speech they fall into) and a ton of phrases (over 50 useful phrases). I'm already back in school mode (you miss it when it's gone) rewriting all my notes and organizing everything. I'm pretty excited because I did pretty horrible at foreign language in all of my former attempts (basically failed 2 years of Latin in high school along with one year of German and then another three semesters of Latin in college) but I figure now that I'm older I might have something I was missing before that will allow me to pick it up (like paying attention in class and some common sense). Well, off to finish up around the house before bedtime. Auf Wiedersehen! Guten Nacht!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guten Tag! Ich kann ein bischen Deutch sprechen. (Speak not spell)I'm impressed! That was a great idea to take the class. I know Cody could use some practice. Maybe once he starts hearing it again, he'll remember more of it from his childhood with Grandma Franke. You guys go!

missy said...

Guten Tag! Ich lerne ein bischen Deutsh gestern. I think it's going to be a great class and a great experience - just as long as we can get World Cup tickets now. :) We'll be calling you guys with all our German questions!