Monday, February 27, 2006

King and I

No, I'm not talking about Cody and I - it's a Thai restaurant, Cody's favorite restaurant actually. They serve obnoxiously hot (spicy, not temperature) food for Cody and some really good healthy type food for me - so it's really a great place for us - except every time we try to go there they're CLOSED! Seriously - I'm not kidding - there's been at least four times that I can think of right off where we've loaded up in the car, headed to South Grand, and driven by only to find them closed. I think two of those times we tried to go for a late lunch/early dinner on a weekend around 3 or 4 pm and come to find out they're closed from around 2 to 5pm - no clue why, but they are. Well, today Cody and I decided to go out to eat so we could relax and discuss his crazy job situation and when we drove by, low and behold, they were closed. Why? But of course, it's Monday - stupid stupid stupid places closing on Monday. I still eat on Monday. I especially like to go OUT to eat on Mondays. I hate cooking on Mondays - though to be fair I hate doing just about anything on Mondays, but especially cooking so it's a great day to go out to eat and spend some quality time together. But they were closed, as it seems they are every time we try to go there. So we ended up at some half-ass Applebees in South City. Neither of us are big chain food people so we usually avoid those types of places, but they usually have decent food at Applebees - I especially like a chicken teriaki bowl they have - lots of yummy veggies and rice and some chicken. So after waiting forever for a waitress, I order the chicken bowl, with no crispy rice noodles (fried = bad). After waiting an eternity for the food, I get my chicken bowl with tons of rice noodles, but no RICE. AGGGGG!!!! So I explained the difference to our waitress with about as many brain cells as Tuppis (the fat cat who likes to smell other cat butts) and she took my bowl of veggies and chicken back to the back. Mistake #22 for me. . . . when they mess up your food, never let them take it back to add something (here, rice) - you never know what they'll come back with. I should have just asked for her to bring me some rice to add to it. So we ate Cody's food and about the time we were done she comes back with my bowl, with mostly rice and somehow most of my veggies and yummy chicken had disappeared - and they added about three cups of very sugary teriaki stuff. Usually I love that stuff but this was overkill. So after simply requesting rice (which should have been there to begin with) I end up with a mean 20 minutes later I couldn't even eat. Should have just eaten frozen pizza at home. :) Next time we go to King and I (if we can ever manage to make it there when they're open), we're leaving a comment card that says "please stay open more then 2 hours per day."

No comments: