Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Owwie

What's worse then having a root canal? Having two root canals - on the same tooth. I had a root canal at some quack dentist in Gainesville while I was still in law school - he was cheap, I was poor. He sucked at root canals - he even said that he hadn't done one in a while, but I trusted him - how can you screw something so easy up? Anyway, of course he managed to screw it up and since I've been dealing with this never-healing tooth. So I finally ran out of other options and today I had another root canal on the same tooth. Owwie - boy does it hurt! It "technically" shouldn't (or so I was told) because all the nerves are either gone or dead (that's the point of a root canal apparently), but it can't help but hurt after this guy pushed and pulled and yanked at the tooth for a good hour and a half. I thought he was going to yank it out of my head for a while now - and now it feels like it's about to fall out of my head. Well, that's my sob story for the day - enough complaining. Time to go to sleep soon, though I'll only sleep in 3 hour blocks until the Advil starts to wear off. Owwie!

p.s. This root canal cost 4 times what the other one did.

No comments: