Thursday, February 14, 2008

My ducks.

Great news! My ducks are finally all getting in a row! You see, for a while now my ducks have been wandering around aimlessly and lost. There was one duck in the middle of the interstate trying to get across. Another was at the lake but it was frozen solid so he was confused. Another was in vacation in Florida while yet another was stuck in a snow storm in Wisconsin. One duck just slept all day and in his waking hours watched daytime tv - Oprah, Dr. Phil, Judge Judy and the sort. Another doesn't sleep at all. I think another one of the ducks was eaten by the cats. You get the point. I couldn't figure out where my life was going, what I wanted, or even where I was presently. There were so many questions and a lot of general confusion. I felt like I thought things would settle down and fall into place once the wedding was over and while they did for a little bit, there were still a lot of other questions out there - I had only solved one of them. And lately (well, a bit more then just "lately") they've just been nutty.
But yesterday all my ducks lines up in order and I am SO happy - and light - and happy. Unfortunately I can't quite say why yet - it can't be public for a while (in case you're in a guessing mood, no, I am not pregnant or even trying to get pregnant - trying to avoid that for the time being). It's one of those things that have to be kept under public wraps (at least on the blog since it's really "public") for legal reasons for the time being. Anyway, but I finally feel like my life is lining up the way I want it to. I'm finally figuring out what I want - and actually getting it! I finally feel like I'm getting all my ducks in order. The last 24 hours have literally been life changing - in a really great way. Not only have new things come up but I've learned a ton about myself in the process.
Anyway, happy happy happy ducks are in a row!

2 comments:

maxolasersquad said...

I won't have my ducks lined up until
1. I get a real job (not at a helpdesk :()
2. I get my BS
3. Beatles reunion with all original members.

missy said...

The first two I have no doubt you will achieve with flying colours. I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket on that last one. Get it? Egg reference in a blog about ducks?? Ha Ha. I'm just so clever!