Thursday, February 21, 2008

When Pink is Bad . . .

When it is ice and it's coming your way. Last night, during my brief 30 minute break from Bar studying so I could clear my head and run on the treadmill, I was concurrently watching the evening news (two birds, one stone). Mr. Weather Man said that we would be getting ice/snow/hail/sleet mix beginning at 1pm today and getting heavier overnight and then taper off tomorrow. LIAR! It came early so this morning my car, the sidewalk, the steps, the roads and any other stationary object was covered in ice. But we perservered because we have to work regardless of the risk to life or limb. It took Cody over an hour to get to work because of traffic and me almost 30 minutes (much longer then my typical five minute drive) - the roads were treachorous - they were icy and slick and the entire time you're just slip sliding around. But we both made it to work under the assumption the worst had passed. Again, wrong! As you can see by the pink (by the way, Florida people, since you never see a map like this, the pink = ice) we are in for a bunch more where that came from. Lovely. Did I mention ice is slippery? Because it is and it's darn near impossible to walk more then a few feet without falling. Sounds fun to you? Then move to Cold Corn Country (Missouri). :)

1 comment:

maxolasersquad said...

Yeah, it got so bad here that the girls had to wear a long-sleave shirt to school. It really is an inconveneince you know, because later on it gets warm and Aurora has to take it off and put it in her backpack.