Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dress Drama

Of course I couldn't leave now without a quick dress drama update. It's been insane! Totally insane. I'm on dress #3 now! So we realized Dress #1 was never going to work - then we argued about refunding me my money because "that doesn't happen in the bridal business." Well then, give me the dress I ordered or my money. Anyway, on Saturday I was tired of dealing with them so I sent in my reinforcements (Cody) and he got my money back. It's funny that I'm the lawyer that argues all day for a living and he is so much better at handling things like that. Anyway, then we went to another shop, tried to buy a dress, but the only place in the ENTIRE COUNTRY that had my size (allegedly) was California. God love California, they have people with small sizes. Anyway, I ordered it and had it shipped overnight. Dress #2 arrived on Tuesday. It was not my size. Someone miss-tagged it after the orginal tags were for some reason gone. It was huge. Another huge dress. So I went back to the store to exchange it for the bigger size and have it taken it but they had since sold that one.
Welcome Wednesday - total dress meltdown. Still no dress and running out of time. Well, they found another store in the St. Louis area that had the bigger size. So my options were: (1) get the bigger one and have alterations (along with hem and bustle) done in 10 days, (2) find another dress in my size that I could live with (and then have it hemmed and bustled) or (3) find a tea length dress in my size - no hem no bustle. I came so close to getting the tea length because then it would be my "I hate wedding dresses and the entire industry" dress, but then I realized months and years from now I'd look at the pictures and marvel at how dumb I looked with everyone in long stuff (including bridesmaids) and me in a short dress. I tried on every dress they had in the smallest sizes they had and hated them all. No luck with not having it altered. So I got the bigger size and thanks to Cody's mom, we now have someone in Tally who can alter it, hem it and bustle it before the wedding. It's likely going to cost a fortune with so much to do with such short notice, but she won't even tell me how much it is so I can't even freak out about it - yet! :) So now Dress #3 is at the store, being cleaned and steamed. I pick it up Friday at 8:30 pm. Then Saturday at 6am we leave for Atlanta, watch the Gators beat some UCLA butt, then go to Tally, drop off dress at alterations lady at 9am on Monday and then go back to Atlanta to see the Gators win their second National Championship (in basketball)! Fun with time crunches! I'm still holding my breath until I see the dress done, pretty and fitting correctly but at least now I'm not an emotional basketcase and I have some hope. :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Good luck! I know everything will turn out right with your dress. Have fun at the basketball games!