Thursday, March 29, 2007

First time with Raffensperger

So, I've officially now registered for the 1/2 marathon here on April 15th - yes that's the week after the wedding. I wasn't posting anything about the possibility of running it just in case I backed out but I told myself if I make it to the 9 mile run in training then I'm in. And I did my 9 mile run last Sunday. So this weekend, in Tally, I'll do 10 or 11 miles and then I'll be set.
But that's not the point of the post. The point is I had to fill out the registration sheet. I started to fill it out and put "Melissa Flynn" but then I realized by then I'll be "Melissa Raffensperger." So I had to scrap that form and do a new one. Then I had to sign my name for the first time as "Raffensperger" - very weird but cool at the same time. Of course, being a pack-rat, I photocopied the form for my scrapbook as the first time I used "Raffensperger."

No comments: