Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So this is what crazy feels like.

Wow. So much to catch up on I don't know if I'll ever have time. Seeing as though I can write pages about nothing, it would take many pages to catch up on everything lately -I hope to do that shortly, but for now, today's current drama.
My wedding dress saga in short sentences: Looked for wedding dresses, on time, even early. Couldn't find any dresses I liked. Kept looking. Found some that were okay. Kept looking. Nothing perfect. Narrowed it down to three. Still couldn't decide. Kept looking. Still no decision. Deadlines loomed - made a choice. Paid extra for a custom hem (because said dress could not be hemmed after making). Paid extra for a 9 week rush. Dress arrives 13 weeks later. Dress is HUGE - I mean HUGE! Also dress was too long. Dress was mailed back to company who confirmed dress was too long. Another dress magically appeared from company, correct size, style and color and suposedly correct length. Dress was too long.
So that leads us to the present. I went to presumably pick up my dress last week and it's still too long (go figure - they didn't fix the length). The dress shop offered a bunch of half ass options for fixing the situation - wear really really high heels (not what I wanted to do on my wedding day), wear a poofy thing to make the dress poofy (I did not want a poofy dress), move the dress up on my body (it fits fine where it is now - I didn't want it shoved under my armpits), and finally to just hem the scalloped hem and hope no one notices how horrid it would look. Needless to say I was less then pleased- so I was told to return today to discuss matters with the seamstress. Seamstress, who is a rational person, said the dress was much longer (THREE whole inches - that's a lot) then we ordered and the company messed up AGAIN. Only problem? Too late to order another dress. So shop people pondered more half ass ways to rig the dress so I wouldn't trip over it. I continued to be less then pleased and my pleased factor continued to decline as they continued to not offer any reasonable (in my crazy person eyes) solutions. My solution? GET ME THE DRESS THAT I PAID FOR IN THE SIZE AND LENGTH I PAID FOR. You would think that wouldn't be difficult but apparently if you order something custom, that doesn't really mean custom it means as close as they feel like getting and you'd better hope you can figure out how to make it work - because your wedding is LESS THEN THREE WEEKS AWAY!
No, I'm not happy. I'm actually crazy. :) So I left the dress there. Tomorrow dress shop is to call dress company and see if they happen to have another dress in my size and length. If not, I plan on getting my money back and finding a dress that does fit properly between now and LESS THEN THREE WEEKS. So yet again, I have no wedding dress. Although before I had several weeks to spare - I now have NONE. I need to find a dress this week, have it hemmed next week, find a veil and get it all ready to go by next Friday when we leave for Florida (or Atlanta if the Gators make it). Yes, I am now officially insane.
So I don't have a dress - I hope to again soon however. I'll keep everyone posted on my sanity in the meantime - it's not looking good. :)

2 comments:

Jon said...

Its amazing that all this craziness, work and aggravation ends up being worth it, no matter what happens. For the record, something always goes wrong; just roll with it when it happens.

Lauren said...

Any luck with the dress today?