Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Catch Up (not Ketchup).

First, I swear I was something like 25 before I learned the proper spelling of "ketchup" - it's actually a pretty tough one. Now "convenience" - that is one that I still cannot spell without spell check - and even then it still takes me 5 minutes just to get close enough for spell check to figure out what I'm talking about. One day when we have kids, bless their little brains because they will be the worst spellers ever - between Cody and I we can barely spell our names most days. :) But damn will they ROCK at math!

In other, no as random news, here's our life lately. Friday I had a orthopedic appointment for my knee - still hurts - now he's confused as to what is wrong so I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow (of course the week of waiting was torture) to see if we can figure it out and fix it once and for all. I keep telling him I just want some kind of new age Bionic Knee replacement but no such luck because it doesn't exist yet. :(
So after getting into work late (since we only have one car, Cody came to my appointment and then I took him to work) we left early (what a great Friday) and went to The Zoo! As most of you know, I LOVE the Zoo! In the summer (in the north that is strictly defined as Memorial Day to Labor Day no matter what the astronomers/weather people say about Solstices and Equinoxes) the zoo is open until 7pm instead of 5pm, which is wonderful because then I can ride my bike or run (back when I could run) up there whenever I want and watch/stalk the baby elephants (by far my favorite right now). So Cody gave in and we went to the Zoo - it was actually pretty fun and we got to see the last Friday Night Concert Series at the Zoo so that was cool. The animals were all very cool as usual. Then we went out to eat (a rare treat lately) at a cheap/wonderful Greek place to relax. Then we sat up most of the night (until well past midnight) working on my Illinois Bar Application - what a jammin' fun time that was.

Saturday we woke up too darn early to get my Application notarized and get it mailed off in time. Then we just barely made kickoff for the Florida game at Ozzie's (we watch the game at Ozzie's because 1) we dont' have cable, 2) these early games are only on satelite, and 3) we get to hang out with our rockin' Gator friends). The game was great and we had a good time. Plus Notre Dame lost and Michigan lost to freakin' Appalacian State (they are a IIA team)! So a fun first week of football. The rest of Saturday we slept -no kidding - we slept a good 8 hours when we got home, woke up and ate and then slept some more.

Sunday Cody met with his school group to write a paper, I babysat for a friend's almost-two-year-old (adorable and TONS of fun!!) and we went to a friend's party - good times.

Monday was more group work for Cody for school and I went into work. So much for Labor Day and a three day weekend, huh? But I got a lot done on my brief, which I finally finished last night. Usually briefs aren't that big of a deal - they take a long time to write but they're fairly straightforward. This one needed to be 25 pages and mine was 36 so the hardest part was just getting it down. Finally managed to do that last night.

Well, Cody needs the computer so he can do more school work so that's it for today.

p.s. David - thanks for the google links (docs and calendar) - they are AWESOME!!!

1 comment:

maxolasersquad said...

I'm glad that's working out for you.