Saturday, September 29, 2007

Two Years.

It's been two years and a few days since I started this blog. I started on the inspiration of my friend who had a blog to keep in touch with her family in Florida and I thought it would be great for me to do the same. At the time we had just "set up" our living room and got a new rug (love Target!) and I really wanted to show Cody's parents the pictures so I created a blog so the whole family could see what we were up to without the unsolicited and unnecessary emailing of random living room pictures to all our family. And so it goes from there.

Since then the two years were some of fastest to pass at times and slowest to pass at others. A few months after the inception of the blog, Cody and I were (finally) engaged. I can still remember almost every second of that day - it was one of the best ever - I'd probably rank it above the wedding - though the wedding was the day we "actually" committed, the engagement was the start of all that. After that was the whirlwind of wedding planning (fondly referred to as "Hell Year"). Luckily there was a great break in the madness/wedding planning and we got to go to Germany for the World Cup for a few weeks. It was fantastic to really get to travel with Cody (somewhere besides Panama City Beach) and see his extended family - they were, of course, awesome. Upon our return, it was back to wedding planning and then finally that was all over in the blink of an eye. Just a blink for all that time and stress. Since it's been life as usual - busy but fun. Cody's now back in school, working hard on his studies but enjoying it at least. We've been trying to enjoy more of what St. Louis has to offer so we've been hanging out at the State Parks, historical sites, museums, etc. - saw a lot of things we wouldn't have otherwise. So, just like that two years has come and gone.

No comments: