Sunday, January 06, 2008

Fabulous.

During the winter I'm mostly, "Blah blah. Winter sucks. Blah blah. I hate snow/ice/sleet/hail/freezing rain/etc." But not today - today was absolutely wonderfully fabulous. We got into the 60s and it could not have been a more perfect day. First we got to sleep in. Then when we realized it was warmer outside then inside we opened all the windows to get the house aired out and warmed up. I got to play in the yard a bit - cut back all the bushes/trees that I always intend to do in the spring, but they are too bushy by then - now it's nice and easy because there are no leaves. Also pulled up all of the dead plants from the vegatable garden so I can turn them into the soil for mulch. Cody worked on the motorcycle so then we got to take a ride and get Ted Drewes (custard). It was an absolutely wonderful day for a motorcycle ride - I could not have asked for a better day. After the great motorcycle ride he "winterized" the bike so nothing will break or go bad while it freezes and it's not being ridden. Then we hung around the house, got some things on the "to do" list done, made a great soup for dinner and have just been enjoying having each other around with no work or school (he doesn't go back to school until next week!).
I wish all winter days were like this - it was so so so nice.

No comments: