Monday, December 18, 2006

Why I Love My Future Husband #863

I know this really isn't in his control, but one of the reasons I love him and find him so incredibly easy to get along with is his wonderful family. And I don't just mean that they're nice people and tolerable. They are seriously wonderful. Seriously. Just listen to this story . . . .
For instance, they say a guy with a good mom is going to be a good husband. If that's true, then I have myself one of the best men to ever walk the earth. Yesterday (and the day before and the day before and the day before, pretty much backing up to when we lost our power for FIVE days - yes, I'm still bitter) I was incredibly cranky. I seriously have a million things to do - all before we drop everything in our lives in four days to drive ourselves 13 hours to Florida to be away from home for over a week and run around like chickens with our heads cut off. Okay so maybe I get a bit worked up. :)
Anyway, with Christmas, the wedding (this next week is our last chance to do everything that needs to be done in Tally for the wedding because we likely won't be back until right before the wedding), work (I have a HUGE trial on Thursday - my biggest since I've started this job), and everything (the stress of whether or not we're getting bonuses at work and what our raises will be), I was a bit over the top. I even gave up baking this year because "I just couldn't do it all." Yes, I am "that person" who stays up to 3 am doing Christmas stuff only to wear herself down so much that she is sick all through Christmas because she's been so stressed.
Anyway, back to my story - I was stressed - and Cody's mom knew it - from talking to Cody, I'm sure, but also talking to me. So today at work I was sitting there stressing about how late I would have to stay (along with the other dozen things to stress about) to get everything done with I got a call from our front desk - I had a delivery. That makes even the most stressed person happy, so I bounded upstairs to find a flower delivery! I thought it was Cody sending me something (no such chance), but an even bigger (and better) surprise, his mom had sent me flowers at work!!! I left the card at work (to show off to everyone - and remind myself of her message all week), but it basically reminded me that we should all enjoy the holiday season, remember what is most important (not cookies or presents or gas prices or ornaments or lights, but family and friends) and good luck on my trial! HOW INSANELY SWEET!!! She is by far one of the nicest, sweetest, most thoughtful people I have EVER met. Seriously - I thought I was just raging stress at everyone and no one even really noticed - but not only did she notice but she took time to listen to it and totally made it melt away.
Just ask Cody - I'm a new person this evening - I forgot about wrapping presents (because if worse comes to worse I can do that in Florida) and worked on making a stocking for him (long story) for my family (actually this is really important to me) and sang Christmas songs all night (maybe I switched some of the words around to include Mr. Pickles but they were still songs with Christmas tunes). :) We had such a nice, enjoyable evening because I really kept reminding myself that this "season" isn't about being stressed, doing everything, or making our significant others scared of us, but being together, laughing and enjoy all the season brings. I know that sounds incredibly cheesy and corny, but it's oh so true - just ask Cody who's had to live with me the past few weeks. :)
Anyway, one of the many things I have to be thankful for is my future husband (only about 3.5 months to go!!) and his wonderful, thoughtful family. I really couldn't ask for a better gift then that. Thanks for the flowers- they're gorgeous!

No comments: