Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm married!!!

Yup - we're back in St. Louis (and thus to a reliable internet connection) and WE'RE MARRIED! It's super late and we've been driving all day - not to mention the emotional roller coaster of the past week - so no time to write now but wanted to say hi! The wedding was PERFECT! I never in a million years could have thought that all that stress, anxiety, worry, lack of sleep and long, hard work could have possibly ever been "worth it" at the end of the day but it completely was. Honestly even Friday night I didn't think the wedding could live up to all that I had put into it - but it was and more! It was honestly the best day of my life. It was very quintessential Cody and I - complete with me having to "hop" back to our proper standing place at the ceremony when we accidently forgot and walked too far forward - us being silly during our first dance - slingling a "sling shot" monkey across the room instead of the garter toss (we have Jessica Schilling and her almost husband, Matt to thank for that one) - me somehow ending up with cake UP my NOSE - oh yeah, and the presentation of a TOILET (a real life toilet) filled with chocolate pudding (and bags of money - thankfully it was in bags) at the wedding from the German relatives!!! Yeah, that's a whole blog in itself. The wedding was fabulous and I was never happier - not sure if the happy was all from being married or just having it over and having my life back to ourselves. :)

Thanks to everyone who made it down there - you were all fabulous - and to those who couldn't make it, you were in our thoughts nonetheless. Now it's time for the fun part - MARRIAGE, oh yeah - and hte STL party (tentatively MAy 12th STL people!).

Take care,
Mrs. RAFFENSPERGER . . . or as Sara would say, "Raffensperger party of 2" :)

2 comments:

Jon said...

Again, congrats to you both, and sorry we couldn't be there. Thus begins the adventure of marriage.

Lauren said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I heard from Meghan and Danny that everything was great. Enjoy married life!