Friday, April 13, 2007

Wedding Post #2 - Top Moments

In the interest of continuing to catch everyone up on the wedding happenings, I figured I'd do a Top Wedding Moments blog. In no particular order:
- Making the programs Thursday night (until 5 a.m.) with Cody's family. We had a whole assembly line going - Kinko's already folded the programs so we didn't have to do that but then Rick (Bonus Dad) used a special hole punch to punch two holes in the top of each program. The programs then went to Uncle Bob who threaded green ribbon through the two holes in each of the programs (Trish - if you're reading this, your dad is great at crafts!). The programs were then passed to Donna (Bonus Mom) who tied perfect little bows on each and every one of them - at first she was getting frustrated because I have a particular way of tying bows but then she got the hang of it and rocked at bow tying. Then I got the programs and stamped the back with embossing stamp stuff and put the embossing powder on the stamp. Finally the programs were then passed back to Rick (because he finished his hole punching early) who used the heat gun to melt the embossing powder on each one. It was hillarious to watch the guys do crafts - late night but fun!
- At the wedding, Sara gave a speech and toasted "Bridezilla Missy is gone and Happy Missy is back" - not only did I think it was hillarious but it was quite a cool moment - I felt like the hard stuff was finally over and normal, happy life could return. I'll never forget that feeling.
- Another Sara quote. After the rehearsal dinner everyone was telling me I couldn't do everything myself and that I needed to let people help. I then retorted with "Well, I've got to run to Walgreens tonight to pick up my birth control. No one else can do that - that's something I have to do." Well, Sara quickly responded with "Hell no you don't. I know your name, address and birthday, I'll get it for you." Sure enough she called Walgreens got my prescription filled and picked it up for me. Now that's a Bonus Sister for you!
- Another rehearsal night story. After the rehearsal dinner, Cody, Melanie, Marissa and I all ran by Wal-Mart to see if we could pick up some centerpieces (this is while Sara was at Walgreens). You see, instead of cut flowers that would just die, I wanted to buy potted plants/flowers, wrap them in cute wrapping paper and use those as centerpieces - it's "green," cheap and now I can plant them in my yard and they'll come back each year. So here we are, the night before the wedding, all running around the Garden Department at Super Wal-Mart searching for any flower that could possibly match the wedding colors. Sure enough we succeeded and we had great centerpieces for every table!
- One more night before story. Upon returning to the hotel, flowers in hand, we proceeded to make each centerpiece (thanks Melanie, Donna, Sara, Mom and even Kristy) and make table assignment cards for each table (thanks Marissa!). Well then I only had one thing left - my veil. It was getting pretty late and I was insisting that I wanted to thread one row of beads around the entire veil (I never found one I liked so I got a plain one and was going to add the beads I liked). When they convinced me it would be morning before I could sew on all the beads, I tried to glue a row of beads on the veil - very difficult. Well then my mom left and I started crying so while she was calming me down Melanie and Marissa had at the veil. They took the glue bottle and basically ran a thick line of glue around the entire veil and then just dumped a bunch of beads on the veil. I got back in the room, prepared to glue one bead at a time, to find they had already finshed the veil. Honestly if I had been in the room I would have never okayed that so I'm glad I wasn't there because I loved it! First it looked really cool and really great (if you need a veil designer I can give out their names). I really thought it looked wonderful. And on top of that it was made with love which made it even more special. So as I was wearing my "designer" veil on my wedding day I was thankful to have friends and family that cared about me.
- And last, but not least for tonight, is the toilet. Best told in pictures, but I'll give it a shot. During the ceremony the DJ announced a special presentation by the Germans. They all walked in carrying a toilet - a real life toilet from Lowe's. Well it was filled with chocolate pudding and ziplock bags of money. It was so gross and so hillarious. I still cannot stop laughing about it! It was the hit of the party. So Cody and I got down on our knees, with our rubber gloves (kindly provided by the Germans) and fished out the bags of money from the pudding. You had to be there because the pictures can't do it justice but it was hillarious.

No comments: