Monday, November 26, 2007

Back to Life. Back to Reality.

Sigh. Back to reality today. Alarm clock ringing. Leaving for work in the cold rain - at least over the weekend we got to pick and choose if and when we left the house - not so on work days. Sit at work. Blah. Come home - go "out to eat" (Subway) - spend literally an hour at Home Depot searching for a new flexi hose thing to replace the metal one we had, a washer for the cut off valve (which they didn't have so we had to buy a whole new cut off valve), teflon tape and teflon tube tape. Came home - fixed all the leaks - fixed the cut off valve so we can now stop water to the toilet without having to turn off water to the entire house - and then . . . . the new floaty thing wouldn't work!!! AGGG!!! So I messed with it enough and I think we have it working now. If our brand spanking new floaty thing doesn't work consistently we have to take it all apart again, return it for a new one and put the new one in again - after we just finally got all the leaks to stop!!! Oh well - if anyone ever needs any information on the guts of a toilet, the piping that goes into the toilet, the water supply or shut off mechanisms for the toilet - I'm your girl - I'm a pro by now!
Other then that Cody wasn't in the mood to decorate the Christmas tree which is, of course, insanely irritating to me since I LOVE the holidays and I love getting the tree, decorating the tree, putting up lights, mailing Christmas cards, singing carols (I was evening singing 'Frosty the Snowman' in Home Depot tonight - yup, I'm THAT annoying person that you hate at the store humming the obnoxious carols - sorry) and all that jazz. I can't see how anyone can ever NOT be in the mood to decorate a tree - but I guess we did just waste another evening in the bathroom messing with pipes and toilets and I guess that's not very holiday spirt-ish. Tomorrow he has school until 9:30 so it will be at least Wednesday before my lovely Christmas tree gets any adornments. :( Until then it is just sitting in the middle of my living room blocking all access from the living room to the dining room.
In other news, I'm hot on the trail of making a Christmas list of what we are going to get everyone this year. Every year we wait until the week before Christmas and we're running around like chickens with no heads trying to find gifts at the last minute all while getting ready go to Florida and finishing up our work work and house work - this year I am determined not to let that happen - however every time I bring it up to Cody to sit down and brainstorm I get "Can we do this tomorrow?" My response, of course, is "The 'we can do it tomorrow' is what gets us into the running around at the last minute every year!!! Can't you see this?" To which he responds, "Okay, tomorrow then." I'm not kidding. If anyone can find a magic pill to cure boy procrastination, please let me know. Beer doesn't work - I already tried that. :)
That's about all the news here. Oh yeah, I drafted my Illinois Bar Study Plan/Calendar today. It sucks big time. Basically for 2-3 hours every day from December 1 until the end of February I have to study for the bar exam. At least I have a plan as to what 2-3 hours of misery I study each night - torts, family law, criminal procedure, constitutional law, civil procedure, suretyship (I have NO clue what this even is - it wasn't on the Missouri or Florida bars), wills and estates, trusts, etc. Fun, huh? I'm actually looking forward to the refresher on a lot of the stuff I totally forgot - but not looking forward to the insane detail you have to memorize to pass the bar. And I REALLY want to pass!
That's it - hope everyone enjoyed back to reality today. Only four weeks and one day to Christmas.

2 comments:

Jon said...

As long as you don't whistle the carols off-key, you're safe in my book.
As far as the Christmas shopping, do it online. I think everything ships from the midwest anyways.

mesa said...

Will won't get our Christmas stuff out yet either- he said we have to wait until this weekend. I'm ready NOW.
good luck on your Christmas list- I made one of people but no gift ideas yet.. yikes!
and that part about studying 2-3 hrs a day. wow..I don't envy you. good luck!