Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Adrenaline Overload

Wow - what a three days I've had! First was the ring on Saturday, then the football game on Sunday (not near as exciting at the other two but it still sorta fits), and then a baby on Monday! No, not my baby - Meghan finally had her baby! My friend Meghan who I've known since I was a wee little 2 year old midget, just happens to also live in St. Louis - strangely enough her husband got a job up here not too long before Cody did - totally unrelated twist of fate. Anyway, they have been expecting their first child who was due on November 24th or December 1st (depending on who you ask). Well, about 12:30 am yesterday, I got a call saying her water had broke and they were heading up to the hospital, so I headed up there to help in any way I could. To make a very long story short (every baby birth story from what I can tell is a very long tale), she had an absolutely gorgeous 7lb 10oz baby girl at 11:39 am. We went up to see them last night and she really is an amazingly perfect looking baby. All three of them (mom, dad and baby) seemed to be doing very well and all were very thrilled. I really am so happy for them to be starting their family. I can't wait to see what great things she does with her life.
Which brings me into my next thoughts - other kids I can't wait to see what great things they do - our three nieces and one nephew in Tally Town who will we be visiting very soon! Tomorrow morning we are leaving bright and early to drive the 12-13 hour drive to see the family in Tallahassee, Florida! I can't wait to see everyone and eat turkey and share the exciting news!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Look me up sometime when you're in town. Email me if you want a phone number to call. Maybe it's mine, maybe it's not.