Tuesday, November 15, 2005

EVIL EVIL POST OFFICE!!!

A quick rant before I go make lasagna for dinner and do laundry . . .
(1) They lost my mom's Halloween letter/package that I spent hours putting together. While I have not given up hope yet that it may be found or delivered, the chances are getting slimmer.
(2) They are raising the cost of postage to 39 cents! While that may not seem like a lot to the average American, if you send as much mail as I do, it's a tragedy. Also, what in the world do I do with all the 37 cent stamps I have hanging around that I've collected? I have Happy Birthday, Jim Henson and The Muppets, Constellations, Clouds, Tropical Rainforest, Dr. Seuss, Northeast Deciduous Forest, Commemorative Sports Cars, Antique Toys, Spring Flowers, and Airplanes. Yes, I'm obsessed with mailing things and stamps - I just love it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Les Blogs here I come
I've now got the green light to attend the Les Blogs conference in Paris next month.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to road construction safety equipment on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like road construction safety equipment!

Anonymous said...

Are you mailing everything at the same place? My note from you took 11 days to get here!! Hang in there, your Halloween package may get there yet! Donna

Anonymous said...

Meant to say thank you for Rick, who received his card and dvd's exactly on his birthday! I didn't look to see when you sent it, but I was pretty impressed seeing as how the Veterans Day holiday made a lot of mail late! Go figure!

Jon said...

The Post Office is the only government agency that operates at a profit.
Oh, and judging by the comment above mine, you may want to turn on the "word verification" feature on Blogger. Comment spam sucks, and the automated programs that do it can't decipher the swervy words. Just a suggestion.

missy said...

Thanks Jon for the word verification suggestion - good thing someone knows how to work these things becasue I certainly can't. :) Obviously I have no clue who "anonymous" is.

Donna - I can't believe Rick's package made it there on time - a small miracle in itself. I think I'm going to switch downtown post offices - the one I use has a bunch of folks working there who seem to have problems even putting stamps on envelopes. There is another one a few blocks farther, but they seem much more intelligent (they can at least count to 37 cents). :)

Jon said...

No problem on the word verification suggestion. You're welcome. I've been using Blogger for almost 4 years now. I even had to put it on the webpage I set up for my wedding a few months ago, because apparently Steph and I needed to "meet new and exciting singles in our area".