Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

Easter morning. I thought I would be spending this time in Tally after looking at wedding reception sites, but my weekend has turned out remarkably different. First, obviously, I didn't go to Tally -for a myriad of reasons, the first being Cody found a nail in my tire when changing my oil Thursday night (he's a oil change Nazi, which in this instance was great since he found the nail). So instead of fretting about the wedding and stressing out, I've put aside the event for the weekend to concentrate on life as it is, now and today. I even managed to ask for help with the planning of said wedding - a hard thing for me to do since I've been a "do by self" person since I was born (that's what I used to say when my mom would try to put on or tie my shoes - hence the reason I wore velcro shoes until quite late because she didn't want to wait around for me to tie my shoes - I was slow). So I asked Cody's family if they could check out some wedding reception sites for us. They are wonderful folks who we know we can count on and I trust them completely. I really couldn't be getting better in-laws. At least we've narrowed it down to 3 or 4 places. :)
As for this weekend - yesterday we got some of our chores done (taxes, laundry, cleaning, etc.), went grocery shopping for Easter lunch/dinner, cooked a great dinner together (pork chops w/ onions and mushrooms, scalloped potatoes and broccoli/cauliflower mix), got the bikes down from the garage and went on a wonderful bike ride in the park and then went out with friends. I really couldn't have asked for a better day - both weather wise and clear-your-head-and-relax wise. The bike was really cool - we just rode around Forest Park checking out new trails and routes - we even found some new things we didn't know where there - even though we live across the street from the park - mind you, it's a few times the size of Central Park in NYC.
Well, back to preparing lunch/dinner - we're having ham, two types of sweet potatoes (w/ marshmallows and w/ nuts), mashed potatoes (because Cody doesn't like sweet potatoes), green beans, asparagus, rolls, deviled eggs, strawberry shortcake and lemon-jello cake. YUMMY!

No comments: