Friday, April 07, 2006

Quick Pre-Weekend Update

Not too terribly much going on here lately. We started German 2 on Tuesday. Went and saw our Florida friends Meghan and Danny on Wednesday and got to see their absolutely adorable baby girl. She does this cute noise by pursing her lips together and blowing - almost like if you stuck your tongue out and blew but without the tongue. It's funny - I think she knows it's amusing because she giggles when everyone looks at her. Yesterday we did some wedding planning - more discussion then planning, but at least a move forward. I just don't know how poor people have weddings. Everything is so damn expensive - if it's for a wedding it's 50 times the normal price. That's just crazy. We just want something casual, laid back and fun with our friends and family. A casual spring party is our ideal. I don't need a string quartet or a diamond tiara or white fluffy doves or anything remotely fancy. Just a nice gathering of friends and family. I would be happy with Subway or Sonny's catering it but everyone says that people expect more from a wedding - I would think anyone who knows me would know better to expect more but I guess the word 'wedding' just changes everyone's perceptions and expectations. I love my friends and family and want them to have a good time and enjoy themselves but I figured if they love me then they would prefer I not spend $50 per person to feed them and go into debt for years to come and not be able to do other things I love just so I can feed them all one very expensive (and usually not particularly good) meal. Go figure. Enough of my wedding soap box.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you should plan your wedding to be exactly what you and Cody want it to be, and I'm sure all your friends and family will be more than thrilled, just to share in it with you! Nothin wrong with Sonny's!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can give the cats away as bridesmaid gifts. If your single and your a bridesmaid you get a cat! See wedding planning can be fun and easy.

missy said...

NOT FUNNY CODY!!! Mr. Pickles would be so lonely without you and Wiggles would just die without being able to chase your feet around the house! And plus, you would miss Bumpis too much - you know you like her big fat fuzzy self! :)

Jon said...

Yes, weddings are expensive... very expensive. I think we kept ours somewhere under $5000, and we were trying to be frugal. You only do it once, so make it memorable.
As for giving away cats, that's a great idea!