Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Update

Another fun filled weekend in Missy and Cody Land. Thursday we checked out a Guinness "Legacy Event" thing at Growlers. Cool - if you like Guinness. I think it's the nastiest beer known to man and Harps and Smithwicks are right behind. So, all you can drink free beer - if it's one of those three. The guys made use of the promotion while I had to make a concerted effort to finish one Harps.
Friday we just hung out - I ran (5.65 miles), Cody changed the oil in the Jeep and the motorcycle, and we worked in the yard. Saturday I went to the Soulard Farmer's Market and cleaned house while Cody helped a friend with his sink. We, of course, ended up going out - to Harry's. Good time though a bit chilly on the patio.
Sunday we had lunch at a cool 50's diner with a friend and then went up in the Water Tower (the old on on Grand for you STL folks). Very cool! I took tons of pictures (shocking, I know) so I'll try to get them on the website as soon as possible. Great views of the city! Afterwards, more cleaning, and then soccer. Won the game 5-1! A great victory - though Dude ended up with a bloody nose - I told him I'm going to spread the word that he got hit by a girl. :)
All in all a good weekend, a nice mix of work, play and relaxation. Next weekend Mommy comes to town to visit so that should be nice to show her around the things we haven't seen yet and hang out.

No comments: