Sunday, April 02, 2006

Priceless

Well, in case you haven't gleaned by now (either from the news or my prior posts), the Gators made it to the Final Four. Well, Cody and I, being the mildly insance couple we are, decided to drive over to Indianapolis and see if we could find tickets to The Big Dance. Turns out Indy is only 3-4 hours away so it wasn't going to be too bad. So, here's how adventure goes:
Well, I'd better start with Friday. . . . that's when the rest of our friends left to go over there, but we had hockey tickets so we hung around to watch the Blues stive for the worst record in the NHL and #1 draft pick. As usual, they lost - but it was a fun game, nonetheless.
So Saturday morning came (a bit early for Cody who I woke up at 7:30 am - but for a good cause) and we headed off to Indy. A drive across the entire state of Illinois, a quick trip for gas and Arby's and we had arrived. Goal #1: See the games. Goal #2: Do it cheap (we're poor because we're saving for the big Germany trip). Parking was obnoxious around the stadium ($30) so we managed to find a free metered spot a few blocks off. Score 1 for us. We met up with friends at a Gator Gathering hosted by the Alumni Association. Score 2. After that fun, it was off to make posterboard signs for the game. Mine said "I 'heart' Noah" (he's a guy on our team who I fondly refer to as "Fuzzy Head") and Cody's said "Corey Brewer Show" for CBS. Score 3. Then it was off to find tickets. After an incredibly long saga, ending in us buying tickets (which we later realized were not together), then selling those tickets (to a ticket broker who I then got in a rather heated verbal altercation with - he called the cops on me [who sided with me] and then treated to sue me - bring it on buddy), and buying better tickets together (for cheaper since it was close to game time and there were may more sellers then buyers out there) we made it in the game!! What an experience!!!!
There is something to be said about watching your team in a game as important as the Final Four. Something comes over you and it's as if the rest of the world doesn't matter for those few short hours. I was so nervous I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Well, of course the Gators won by a pretty significant margin and are on to the Championship game. We stayed for part of the LSU v. UCLA game but it was such a blow out we decided to leave early to get back on the road. Unfortunately we had a ton of stuff to do today and I have to go to Columbia on Monday for some cases, so we drove back last night - have soccer for Cody and running for me today (and I have to go into work) - then tomorrow Cody's going to work and I'm going to Columbia for my cases - on my way back from Columbia, I'm going to pick up Cody from work and it's back off to Indy for the final game!! After the game, it's back to STL that night for work on Tuesday. Like I said, we're mildly insane. . . . but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: