Thursday, May 25, 2006

Accomplishment!


Here's a picture of my newest project - a raised bed in the backyard! I've been bummed about not running this week so I've sunk myself into finishing this project. And it's almost done - at least the frame for the bed is built - now I just have to dig up some more dirt in the high part of the yard to transfer to the bed and then buy some good dirt from the store for the top. Yipee! See, the yard is a crazy slope so I flatted out the top of the yard for the veggie garden and took the dirt and moved it to the bottom of the yard to fill in the deep part of the raised bed. Then I took a ton of landscaping ties and built them level so the bed is level and stacked them to compensate for the slopped yard - that's why one side is crazy high and the other is level with the ground. Anyway, now I just have to get the dirt set up and I can plant it all up. My goal is to get it done before we go to Germany so when we get back I'll have all sorts of pretty plants instead of a dirt pile. :)

No comments: