Wednesday, May 24, 2006

New Shoes


I finally got new running shoes (actually this weekend)! I've been wanting new shoes for quite some time but nice running shoes aren't cheap. I justify the expense by not spending hardly anything on shoes otherwise. Plus I think it's important to have good running shoes when you run a lot to prevent injuries and such (I swear my shoes are the reason my knees got better last year). Anyway, when we travel for work we're reimbursed for mileage and in the beginning of May I went to Columbia, Jefferson City and Rolla which gave me a huge mileage check. Cody and I have worked out a deal with my mileage checks that I get to keep half of it to "blow" on whatever I want (not that I ever really blow money - Cody and I are both rather frugal most of the time) and the other half goes to savings. So this check I got my new shoes. Sweet! They're Saucony's - which before I started running I had never heard of but now I'm in love with - they're light and quite cushy. I'm excited about the shoes - too bad I can't run right now (I can barely walk without crazy shin pain - I see another orthopedist tomorrow morning 8 a.m.). But I was missing running so I thought I would write about my new shoes . . . in case anyone cared. :) Hopefully I'll have happier news after my appointment tomorrow.

No comments: