Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A New Look . . .

(1) The Blog. Yeah, there's a new look. Not really on purpose, but sort of stumbled upon it. I was trying to mess around with the Java script on my template (with my basic (read: non-existent) knowledge of computer programming) for the old one and somehow messed up the side bar thing so it didn't line up right. Well, since I had no idea how to fix it I just kept changing the template until one finally worked the way it should. I'll give it a while, see if it grows on me and if not, change back to the old dark one.

(2) The Cardinal's Stadium. A new look here as well. The new stadium actually opened with all its newness back in April but all games are sold out so I hadn't gotten to go to a game yet (Cody actually went to his first game at the stadium last night) - until today. My boss has season tickets and wasn't able to go to the game so he gave us four tickets to the Cardinals v. Mets tonight. It was pretty cool - and pretty good seats (behind home plate on the third level). The stadium is really nifty - very new. I wanted to take pictures of all its newness but left my camera at home. :( I still felt hesitant walking around the place after watching the crews build it so quickly (I can see the stadium from my office) - I didn't quite trust anything that can be built that quickly - I just know they had to have cut corners here and there and since the city wanted that stadium so bad (and for it to open on time) I'm sure any "inspector" would pass just about anything.

That's it for new looks. As for other news, Cody and I talked to his sister tonight and got some information on an officiant to marry us. Larry was great enough to call the guy who married the two of them and he said he would be available to marry us as well. First, it would be cool to be married by the same guy as his sister and Larry (sort of a good luck thing since they're such a good couple). Second, that takes any pressure off us to find someone, because yet again, we just don't care that much about who it is as long as it's legal and they're not a total moron. :) Third, we would have no clue how to even go about finding an officiant, much less one in Tallahassee. And finally, the guy is nondenominational so he will let us keep as much religion in or out of the ceremony as we want and let us pretty much make our own ceremony - definitely good for us.

That's all the news for today. Thanks Sara and Larry - you guys ROCK!

No comments: