Tuesday, May 23, 2006

She hits. . . . she scores!

Well, not really. . . . again. I guess I'm in the new sports mood lately because tonight I played my first game of softball. Let me preface this with some understanding of St. Louis and softball. This town loves softball. Not really sure why. My guess is it's a rather unathletic game and you drink a lot of beer. Nonetheless, for whatever reason, this town loves the game. I've never played because it just wasn't a big thing in Florida (I've never really known anyone who's ever played, much less for a "league") and I'm not really a team sport person. So I decided to give it a try at the insistent pressuring of our GM. Let's just say softball didn't go as well as soccer and soccer didn't go very well. Sorry to say this for anyone with a love for the game, but softball is not my thing. I'd come right out and say it just sucks but I might get my car bashed in tomorrow, so I'll leave it with it's just not my thing. Another girl didn't want to play either (we both got roped in by the persistent and guilt-tripping GM) so we alternated positions and she batted and I played on the field (right field - which Cody informs me is where they put people who suck - like me). For one my shins hurt like hell so it was crazy painful to even walk out on the outfield and two, there just isn't much to the game. To win you need to pitch, hit and catch. I'll end my tirade now by just saying this is not my game. I will come watch to drink beer though. :)

No comments: