Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend Update

Can't really claim much productive, unless you call drinking a productive activity. Friday I had a work happy hour for one of our associates who is moving to Virginia, so that began the consumption. While I was there, Cody was playing golf with the boys so you can only imagine the drinking that occurred there. Then we met up, ostensibly to figure out details for the Germany trip (which has now become a Eastern and Eastern-Western Europe trip) with Dude - such as getting some train tickets (at least between World Cup games) and figuring out cities to visit (my list is: Paris [where we fly in], Gelsenkirchen [first game city and where Cody's folks live], Berlin [game 2], Munich [game 3], Hamburg [game 4], Krakow, Auschwitz, Prague, possibly Austria, castle city in Germany, possible wine country in Germany, and Brussels [where we fly out]). Anyway, we met up at The Drinking Horn, the most dive bar around. Needless to say we didn't get a darn thing done for the trip, Dude managed to spill half a pitcher of beer on the floor and we had to leave Cody's car in West County.
Saturday my goal was to start painting the dining room - I really want to get this room done so Cody's parents can see it when they come up (I have to prove I've done something since they were up here in July of last year). :) Well, I caulked around the ceiling where it's "shifted" but then got tired of looking up so I gave up that quest for the time being. Then Cody had soccer practice out in Creve Couer, so he did that while I ran with Marissa. Then we ate dinner with Marissa and Cassidy at a cool Chinese place - Jade Garden. I was quite excited that they had steamed dishes instead of just the typical fried fare - quite impressive. That night we celebrated Kyle's girlfriend, Cashelle's, arrival in STL at Kilkenny's (she moved here about a week ago). As odd coincidences go, she went to FSU (in Tally where Cody and I are from) for her Master's before moving here. Small world sometimes. Anyway, a good time and great amount of drinking was had by all. :)
Sunday actually deserves it's own post, so I'll do that one later. :) Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: