Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What a day.

Some days I think I'm cursed. Yesterday I was dead tired -so tired I feel asleep reading "In Cold Blood" (after watching "Capote," yes, I had to go rent the book from the library). I was getting fantastic sleep - I'd done my Pilates yesterday and I always sleep well after Pilates. Until about 5 am when Mr. Pickles decided she wanted to hang out with me. First she tried to do this weird thing with my hair - like nursing or "kneading" - which was really really annoying since her claws kept getting tangled in my hair because it's curly and when you put things in curly hair they get tangled. Then she wanted to sit on my chest with her mouth on my ear/eye/nose/mouth. This would be fine except I am crazy allergic to cats (yes, go figure) so when they touch my face I seriously swell up - my lips will swell, I'll get a swollen mark on my face, or my eyes will honestly swell shut. So her sitting that close to my face was not a good idea - so I pushed her onto my stomach - and then she was back at my face - and we went in this cycle for a while until I just threw her off the bed (of course, then we had to go through that cycle a few times until she got the hint). So then I was awake - I tried laying there to go back to sleep but wasn't having any luck. I picked up a book thinking that would help - still no luck. So finally I got up at 6am (this is insane for me - my goal in life is to wake up at 8 am and get to work by 8:30) and just worked around the house.
Then I was all ready to get to work early, went to my car and of course, it wouldn't start. But this time no amount of fidgetting with the fuse box would help (this is the cure-all to my car problems). So Cody had to take me to work. Except when we went to leave the garage, the garage door opener/closer wouldn't close the door - it kept acting like there was something in the way of the laser thing. So that was a pain. Then Cody got stuck in traffic and then his air broke at work so he cooked all day - this happened to me yesterday - we have "air handlers" and they are either on or off and in October usually they blow hot air so they turned them off since yesterday was warm - well then it was 146 degrees in our offices so they found a way to turn the fans on with no cooling, but at least it got air moving.
Then I had to sit in a two hour "Management Seminar" at work on how to evaluate people for end-of-the-year evaluations. They have a problem with everyone giving their secretaries a 10/10 on everything - but they don't understand that if we don't give them 10s (which means they get a good raise) then they "lose" our work or are just plain horrible to deal with. So that was useless as we will all stay with the crappy status quo and continue giving obnoxiously high marks for no real performance to not rock the boat.
So, hopefully tomorrow will prove more rewarding.

No comments: