Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What I'm Lovin' Now

I love yogurt. It's a yummy food. And because I'm a self-proclaimed health nut, I try to substitute yogurt for an ice cream craving as much as I can possibly stand. But it's about 140-180 calories per little cup, so naturally I eat "light" yogurt. But "light" yogurt is runny and sort of mushy and not all that appealing or tasty. So I buy "light" yogurt, eat it because you're "supposed to" and go with life. Until now. Yoplait (who while they pat themselves on the back for donating 5 cents for each pink lid you mail them doesn't realize that it costs me 41 cents to mail the lids, so even if I mail them 8 of them at a time, there is net loss of one cent - why can't I just enter some lid code online and they'll donate money and then I won't have to give the USPS 41 cents only to have 40 cents donated) has now come out with "Thick and Creamy" yogurt - FABULOUS! It's about 100 calories, so slightly more then "regular" light yogurt at 60-90 calories, but delicious. It's totally, well, thick and creamy (go figure). I have no idea, nor do I want to know, what it is they finally found to make light yogurt thick, but it's wonderful and yummy. I'm sure I'm going to die 10 years earlier from eating whatever substance it is that makes it thick, but it will be worth it. At least I'm getting some calcium to go with my funky odd chemicals. :)

No comments: