Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Caulk.

I love this stuff. I really think it's what is holding our house up. The damn thing would be falling down if it weren't for this wonderful material. I can't stand the gaps and cracks that are EVERYWHERE in our house due to it's age (my mom thinks her house is old because it was built 60 years ago - ours is easily pushing 100) so before I paint anything I fill every gap, hole, etc. with tons of caulk. Pretty much every place in our house where two things meet has caulk it in. The corner where the walls meet? Caulk. Where the baseboards meet the wall? Caulk. Ceiling hits wall? Caulk. Window sill meets wall or other part of window? More caulk. I'm telling you, before I paint any surface in this house it has to be caulked. Plus I just love the stuff - it's fun to play with. I AM the home improvement goddess after all. I can't wait until we get this house finished!!!

Cody's folks are coming soon and I CAN'T WAIT to show them all the work we've done since they were here last! Until recently most of the painting done in the house was done by them when they visited last July - but I think we jumped ahead of them when we finished the dining room (yes, a year later, but we at least got it done). :) I am seriously so excited to show them the house and around STL!!

1 comment:

Jon said...

You make houseguests paint? Remind me never to visit. :)