Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Drive Safe!!

Cody's parents are leaving tomorrow from Florida to come visit us in St. Louis (See? I still don't say I live in "Missouri.")!!! I am so excited! They haven't seen the house since we first moved in when our bed was still downstairs, there were boxes everywhere and the fish tanks were all set up on the floor in the Boy Room. So, for weeks now I've been telling people that my in-laws are coming. The overwhelming response is "I'm sorry." Every time I hear that I think to myself, "Man, I have it good." I seriously, no joke, have the best set of to-be in-laws in the WORLD. To begin with they are just wonderful, good people. And good people are hard to come by these days. That would be enough in itself, but they have this way of making me feel like I was born into the family (in a non-incestual way since I'm marrying their son) and just treating me like one of them. They always listen if you have a problem and give advise in a way that is caring, understanding and wise, yet not lecturing or belittling. Anyway, they're just great people and I'm really looking forward to their visit. What's even more special is it's Cody's mom's birthday on Friday (the day they get here) and their anniversary on Saturday! How cool is that!

As for plans while they're here, we, of course, are taking them to the Gator game at Ozzie's on Saturday (v. Alabama), Cody's soccer game on Sunday and our indoor game on Thursday. The next weekend we're taking a road trip to Wisconsin to see the family, but most importantly Great-Grandma Raffensperger (yes, Cody still has a GREAT-Grandma, leaving Baylee and Brandon with a GREAT-GREAT-Grandma). She'll be visiting from California and since she's crazy old and lives in Cali we hardly ever see her, so that will be a nice visit. We're also hoping to take them to the wineries because the weather should be beautiful for it and the leaves are just starting to change their colours.

Well guys, have a safe trip! At least Missouri has the lowest gas prices in the country right now - Cody filled up for $1.99 a gallon today! Wow!

No comments: