Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We're a mess today.

(Opps. This was yesterday's blog but I guess I didn't hit "Publish" on the computer before I went to bed).

My whole body feels like I was hit by a bus. Cody's got a cold/mini flu. We're just a whole bunch of mess today. :)

Mine at least is explainable. I ran - a good darn bit. I still can't get over that I ran it in under 2 hours. Running is such a deeply personal thing and all your goals are tied to personal accomplishment rather then competition. I couldn't have cared less what anyone else in that race did yesterday - I'm happy for all those that finished, proud of those who at least tried, and hope everyone got a personal best - but in the end it was just me versus me. And I think I won that one. It just makes me so happy to see the improvement in my running.

Cody is another story. After a "rough" night Friday, a football filled Saturday and a VERY early Sunday (our alarm went off at 5am to make it to the race), he's got himself a nice little cold/flu. He's hilarious when he's sick.

No comments: