Sunday, September 17, 2006

A quick week update.

Wow. Another week gone so fast! I sometimes sit and wonder where they go so darn fast and then after 30 minutes of thinking about it realize that I just passed another 1/2 hour that I'll sit at the end of the week and wonder where it went. :)

Anyway, this week was mild in comparison to some of our weeks, but fun nonetheless. Cody worked a ton of overtime this week (still!) so I got some time to work on some projects around the house. Some good "me time." :) Thursday was the first indoor soccer game of this "season" and the first game where I'm actually a real player. Yup - that's right - I'm playing soccer this season! I still have no real clue how to play soccer but I figured I'm not getting any younger, so might as well give it a shot and hope I don't blow out a knee. :) I figured I'd start with indoor because it's more moving around, and might lend itself to better practice for me. Anyway, I didn't play a lot because my shins were killing me and I didn't want to get hurt before the 1/2 marathon. We won 6-3 so it was great! There's a great group of people on the team so I think it will be a lot of fun. Marissa's birthday was also on Thursday so we took her out to lunch for her birthday at work and then all went to Barcelona (a tappa's restraunt in Clayton - very spify) for dinner and Tejas for drinks afterwards. Barcelona was good - I think the boys were all still starving after dinner but the sangria was great. Tejas was Tejas. :)

Friday we went to a happy hour at Syberg's out in West County and then to the Funny Bone to see Kevin Nealon. He was, of course, HILLARIOUS! We ended up at some blues bar where Cody thought it would be a good idea to have three double Jack and Cokes in the matter of an hour after only having a cucumber for dinner (yes, he had a cucumber because he had it leftover from him lunch - I put a cucumber in his lunches because he'll eat them like apples). Needless to say that didn't end greatly. So in addition to dealing with him another friend of his (who will remain nameless) had a few too many and I ended up attempting to carry him out - didn't work too well. :) Anyway, we all had fun.

Saturday was, of course, more football. The Gators played Tennessee - in Knoxville. Every year the St. Louis Gator Club gets together beforehand for a fun little tailgate in the Ozzie's parking lot. As usual, it was a ton of fun. The game was a nail biter, but they pulled it off - by a whole one point. For those of you who care, FSU didn't fare as well and managed to lose to Baby Bowden at Clemson all because their "top rated" defense couldn't stop Clemson from driving 80 yards in the final minute of the game! Insane! Anyway, it was fun. One funny note from the night that I have to credit Tina for: Our great AB friends offered to pick up everyone's tab for the game for AB products - free beer! Only problem was I wasn't drinking becuase of the half marathon. I explained this deliema to Tina who easily responded, "Missy, there are always 1/2 marathons to run - but how many nights do you get free beer?" So that ended that debate.

So we got a few hours of sleep Saturday, woke up for the 1/2 marathon, ran and came home and crashed. Luckily it rained so Cody's outdoor soccer game was cancelled because I can barely walk. We watched a movie tonight while I laid on the futon with bags of frozen veggies on my hips where my tendons hurt so bad I can't hardly walk. :) The joys of running.

Tomorrow - Monday. Boo!

No comments: