Sunday, October 22, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Pumpkin!



Happy 10th Anniversary, Pumpkin! 10 years ago I was working at Bruno's (a grocery store in Tallahassee) as an office manager/customer service person. Cody and I worked together and were in the early stages of our flirting. We may have even gone on our first date by this time, though I think that was in November. Anyway, our manager said we could wear a costume if we worked Halloween (which of course I did), but the problem was I had no costume - nothing. So I went to the fabric store, bought some cheap orange fabric and black fabric paint and sewed up this lovely costume. Just stuff it with newspaper and bam, you have a pumpkin. I have now worn this costume for 10 straight Halloweens. I even made it in the Tallahassee Democrat one year when I wore it to work at the mall (I was working at Victoria's Secret at the time) and was handing out candy to the mall trick-or-treaters. The hat was added in law school when my friend Virginia convinced me I needed something more to the costume. It works great! I even have candy corn earrings I wear with it, circa 1985. It's become a classic costume for me. It always works and I'm alway the only fat pumpkin at a party. So this year I got to pull it out of the closet early for a Halloween party we went to Saturday night. Fun fun fun. I've decided next year I might pass the pumpkin on to Cody - yeah he can fit in it too - and for now on I'm going to be a bride. Yup, I figure I'll just wear my wedding dress every year after the wedding. After all, what else would I ever do with it and it has the added bonus of encouraging me to fit into it year after year. :)

No comments: