Friday, October 13, 2006

I hate wedding dresses.

I really do. I thought I would love them and have a great time searching for one and when I found "The One" I would cry and laugh and just know it. Obviously that didn't happen. But while Cody's mom was here I thought I found one that would work for me. So today I went back to try it on with the proper bra and undergarments. I really loved the dress. It's really pretty and I love the feel of it. But then Marissa brought up that it looks like a prom dress. I don't necessarily think it looks prom-dressish but more evening dress-ish. So then I started to feel like it wasn't "bridal" enough and felt more like I had on an evening gown with a train. I tried on a few more and they were okay and then I went back to one before - a lace one. And I loved it too. Everyone asks which I like better and there really isn't a way to compare them - they are TOTALLY different dresses. One of these days I HAVE to get a dress! By the way, if you go to the website, click on August 2006, I've narrowed it down to Dress #6 and #4.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to look "bridal", just be yourself and wear what you feel comfortable in. This is your wedding, it's only going to happen once, and all things about it should be your choice. That is why I didn't give you any opinions on what dresses I liked, because it doesn't matter what I, or anyone else likes, it matters that "you love the dress". So stop worrying and asking for everyones opinion, and pick the dress you love!

Lauren said...

I didn't pick a dress that was very "bridal" either, but I absolutely love it. Wear what you want! I looked at the pictures and they both look great on you.

Anonymous said...

Marissa is very upset about your insensative comments on the blog. She feels her quote was taken out of context and you failed to mention that she said, "I like that dress the best." Please stop any further slander and/or defamation of her character.

Thank You,
Cashell Peters-Durrigan, MSW/QMHP

PS- Do you have a dress yet????