Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My New Coat


I look like an eskimo! But at least I'm a very warm eskimo! :) This is a picture of my new winter coat. Last year my "winter coat" was a wool peacoat - it was nice, looked cute, but seriously underinsulated. Then I saw my friend Melanie's coat - it was fabulous - she looked like an eskimo but she was warm. I asked her where she got her jacket - Lands End - but it was too late in the season and I couldn't find it on their website. So I ordered their catalog and waited - past the spring, then summer, then fall and finally a few weeks ago I got their winter coat catalog. And there was the coat! So I promtly ordered it. The only problem was the sizing. I would have picked an XS (coats are always sized huge) but they only had XS in petite and while I may be able to do petite height-wise, I can't with my arm length. My arms are too long for petite stuff, so I had to order a regular small. The arm length is perfect but I can fit me, Cody and the three cats in the coat part. But who cares because I will be warm!!! This lovely thing is rated for -40 with warm clothes on and -20 with light clothing!!! Super! I've already worn it a few days and even wore it around the office one day when it was freezing in my office - it was fabulous!!! I'm going to be so warm this year! I'm sick and tired of being freezing! Oh, yes, I had my pajama pants on in that picture - and you can see my dining room paint job in the background!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got the same coat! (I'm pretty sure--it's been forever since I actually used it. One thing I definitely don't miss about working downtown is having the wind blow you down on a cold day.):)