Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Why I Love My Future Husband #893

When I get stressed I can be a beast to deal with. A real beast. I've learned in my years not to take out my stress (at least the stress that's not Cody's fault) on Cody as it doesn't really get anything accomplished. Instead I just vent. And then vent some more. And then sometimes some more - I vent "with" him, instead of "at" him (at least that's what I tell myself). Anyway this week has been the worst week known to man. First, Monday our power went out because it rained all day. Yes, it rained, the wind must have blown and we lost power. So I came home from work to a cold and very dark house. So I packed my crafting stuff and went to the craft store to work on my Save-The-Date cards - I'm STILL trying to design them. Anyway, I figured the power would be on by the time the store closed at 9:30 pm. No luck. So Cody props #1 this week: he was nice and calm as I bitched constantly about how cold and dark it was as we sat in the kitchen with all the burners on the stove. We even made rice krispy treats as we sat in the kitchen trying to stay warm without dying of carbon dioxide poisoning. Anyway, he's quite the trooper. At 1 am when we went to bed, still no power. By the time we woke up the next day, still no power. We didn't get power back until sometime Monday during work. To make a long story somewhat shorter, Tuesday sucked. And then today sucked - it rained all day and I had to drive to Jefferson City. So last night I was at the end of my rope - I hadn't done laundry, dishes, I still didn't have Save-the-Date cards done, I had a million things to do for the wedding, work was a beast, etc. - so I went on and on about how stressed I was to Cody. Being the patient person he is, he was encouraging and patient and just listened to me and all my stress. And I really went into it - just on and on and on about my "to-do" list (a list that would scare most CEOs). So we went to bed, woke up late to start another crappy day. Then this evening I went running while he was heading home. While running I debated what to make for dinner, another thing on my eternal list. But when I walked in the door the house smelled like food. Sure enough Cody the Wondeful had gone to the grocery store and made us dinner. Sure it was just frozen pizza and salad with chicken, but it was dinner and I didn't have to make it. AND he even bought me a cookie and some Amaretto (I know it's a wussy drink, but I'm on an Amaretto and lemon juice kick - I think I just like adding the cherries)!!! Just when I was at the end of my rope, he goes all sweet on me. I am so thankful to have someone who listens, understands me and my needs, and is so good to me! And he's cute to boot! :)

No comments: