Sunday, October 15, 2006

What a weekend.

Not often do we have weekends like this one. A nice mixture of getting "chores" done, relaxing and having fun.
Friday night we decided to just hang out at home, as I was beat after my week and Cody wanted to get his contacts out as soon as possible. So we hung out together, made dinner and shamelessly watched television. First we watched "Grays Anatomy," a show I am ridiculously addicted to. It comes on Thursdays but since we were out Thursday (viewing for our friend's mom who passed) I missed it, but got to watch the replay on Friday. Then we watched the Cardinals beat the Mets in the second game of the NLCS. That tied the series 1-1. Then we watched "Walk the Line" which Cody had rented on his way home from work. Actually a pretty good movie. That was our shameless TV night - a lot of time in front of the TV for a couple that barely gets the watch the news on a regular basis. :)
Saturday Cody did the brakes on the Jeep, while I ran 17 miles. Yes, that's 17 miles. It was tough but I think I'm getting used to these longer runs because it wasn't half as bad as my 15 mile run - not to say it was easy, because I still felt like I had been run over by a truck. I napped for a while after that, as that much running really takes a lot out of me. Then we went to a friend's party/fish fry over in Illinois. It was a pretty fun party. The crowd was happy as they watched the Cardinals beat the Mets to take the lead in the series to 2-1. Cody and I, however, were on the verge of tears as Auburn managed to beat the Gators. It was awful - I could write pages on the game but will just say that I honestly think we were robbed. First, we were dumb enough to hold someone in our own endzone, giving them a safety - this is critical as much of the second half they were only up by 1 point - without this moronic move, we would have been up 1. Then in the second half they called a fumble on our QB when he was making a FORWARD MOTION!!! WHAT IN THE HELL!!! I'm not a NCAA rules nut, but my understanding is that if the QB is in the process of throwing, i.e. his arm is moving forward, then if the ball comes out it's an incomplete pass, not a fumble. We challenged, the fumble call stood, we lost the ball and our last time out. It was all downhill from there. Sad night in Gator Nation.
Today I let Cody sleep in while I worked around the house - cleaning the kitchen, living room, doing laundry, etc. When he woke up we decided to go bike riding in the park and play some one on one soccer. We had a great time biking around in the fall weather and he taught me a lot of cool soccer moves (I still really really suck but am getting better, slowly but surely). When we got back we ran our errands to the grocery store and Cody made dinner! Yup, Cody made dinner. His special spaghetti. Yum! I made desert - frozen eclairs from Smart Ones - they're really good and not terrible for you. :) Then we did our Sunday evening chores - cleaning, bills, etc. while watching the Cards get their tail kicked by the Mets. We were getting beat so bad we stopped even watching the score.
So, all in all a nice, relaxing, yet productive weekend. Makes you hate going back to work tomorrow!

No comments: