Thursday, November 09, 2006

Insane.

It's been a while since I last posted. As usual, things have been insane. I won't bore you with details, but we did have a great trip to Nashville last weekend to watch the Gators beat up on the SEC whipping boy, Vanderbilt. I swear there were more Gator fans then Vandy - it was almost like a home game. Good fun was had by all - pictures will be up soon.

Upon returning to STL it was time to get serious on this wedding. When we got engaged I thought I had all the time in the world to plan the best party of my life. Then we spent the entire spring planning the Germany trip. Then we went to Germany and I came back crazy sick so that took almost a month. Then it was full blown summer which you just can't let slip by you here - you have to enjoy every sunny moment of it. Then it was fall and trips. And now it's winter - and less the FIVE months from the wedding! Needless to say I'm freaking out. But this week we've gotten quite a bit done. Cody has been working on the DJ situation and the officiant and I've been hard at work on the photographer and Save-The-Date cards (which I thought was funny has an acronym of "STD"). The cards are almost done but I still have to finish up some addresses, put on stamps and get them in the mail. It's coming along slowly but surely I suppose. I made out a master list of things to do so that should streamline things a bit hopefully.

In other news, we had our first soccer game tonight of the new season. We have some really nice (and good soccer player) new people which is always nice. I'm getting better - slighty- still not good but just not as crappy. I'm enjoying it though.

We decided we are going to try to make it to Tally for Thanksgiving this year. It's an insane trip - absolutely insane - 13 hours on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, three Thanksgiving meals in one day, a super busy Friday, hopefully FSU v. Florida on Saturday and then drive back on Sunday. And while it's insane and I bitch and moan about it there's just somethign about being home at Thanksgiving that just can't be replaced. Plus there's wedding stuff we need to do there. :)

Sorry for the break in blogging -blame it on the insaneness - now that the internet and computer are all working great I should be back to normal with blogging. Take care.

No comments: