Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And we're back to "normal"

Well, mommy's now gone and life is returning to "normal" - that is, if we even have a "normal" in our lives. :) A quick run-down from the rest of her trip: Wednesday we went to my favorite Greek place (love the feta and spinach!), Thursday she and I went to the Science Center and The Zoo (saw babies - the baby elephant, three baby cheetas and a baby kangaroo) and then made one of the only meals I can make and luckily she likes it - enchilladas. I only make it when she is here because Cody doesn't really like them. Friday we went on the Budweiser Brewery Tour and then spent the evening (8pm until 1am) at the City Museum - quite possibly the coolest place in St. Louis. Saturday we sort of hung out, ran some errands and worked in my yard some more and then Sunday she flew out. We, of course, spent the rest of the day resting, cleaning the house and running errands.
Now life is returning to normal - Cody is hard at work studying for the GMAT which he takes on Saturday. He's applying for the MBA program at Wash U so that is quite exciting - that will be really great for him. Then we'll be one over-educated family! I'll just have to go back to school again to see if I can find another degree so I can stay ahead of him. :)
I've been hard at work on the yard - totally redid my front "yard" (we live in the city so the "yard" is about as big as my bathroom). I took out all the grass so we don't look so trashy when we don't mow often enough and replaced it with tons of plants - now I suppose I just have to water more. But it looks really nice and I'm happy with it. I also got the deck staining done and really like the colour - now we just have to paint hte porch and we'll be done in the front. Then on to the back. People in the south don't understand the urgency in which we have to do yard work in the summer - because once September hits you're not very likely to be working in the yard again until May so better do as much as possible while you can!
That's pretty much it for now. More to come later.

No comments: