Monday, June 25, 2007

Summer makes me lazy.

Summer makes me lazy - I've been so bad about posting lately. I blame it on it not getting dark until almost 9pm. Cody and I tend to eat dinner after the sun sets - so in the summer we end up not eating until 9 and then we hang around the house some - just doing chores or hanging out with Dude - so we don't end up heading towards bed until midnight - leaving me no time to blog. But I'm going to try to get better. :)
So - some updates.
Last week was marked mostly by Cody studying for the GMAT. So I spent time painting our porch (I got the deck part done - now time to move on to the porch - it's going to look so nice when I'm finally done!!!) and doing chores. Melanie and I went to the MUNY on Friday and saw "Oklahoma" - there was a very long, odd dream sequence at the end of the first Act but the rest of the play was really good - I really enjoyed it and Cody didn't have to get dragged to a play so we all won. :)
Saturday Cody took his GMAT and rocked it like I knew he would. He's much smarter then he gives himself credit for. He thinks because he's not an English wizard - though very few are (including myself) - but he has really good problem solving skills so even on the english part he did just fine. Now he just has to get that to the admissions people and hopefully we'll hear soon if he gets into the MBA program - cross your fingers! Anyway, once the GMAT was over it was party time again! We all went out to a pretty good Brazilian restaraunt and then went bar hopping - basically going to a bunch of different bars we hadn't tried out yet just to check them out. All in all a really fun night!
Sunday we were planning a float trip but the weather was crappy so we went on a Free Beer in St. Louis Tour. We started at Schafly brewery and took their brewery tour and enjoyed their free beer and then moved on to Grant's Farm. Grant's Farm has quickly earned it's place in my heart as one of the top 5 coolest things in St. Louis - there are animals and there is free beer. After a jungle type ride though this wilderness of wild animals (including a zebra) you are dropped off in the Goat Area. The Goat Area is the coolest thing ever - a bunch of baby goats that all these people are trying to get their very small children to feed with mild bottles - then people get upset when said goats knock said small child over - it's a goat that's bigger then your kid - who do you think was going to win? Anyway, the Goat Area is awesome. And we learned something new this trip - if there is a goat you particularly like you can have them "save" it for you until the end of the season (October) and then you can buy it for $50!!! We thought it would be at least $250 - but for $50 we might just get a goat - Mr. Pickles really needs a friend.
That's most of the weekend - more detailed posts to follow. And goat pictures.

No comments: