Monday, July 16, 2007

What a wonderful life.

Update of our life:
We got my car towed last week - finally - it's at the shop now. I hope to have it back before I get too old to drive. Yeah - I'm getting pretty sick of not having a car. It's not that I mind driving Cody to work up in North County when I work downtown (oh, and we LIVE near downtown), it's just I like the freedom of not having to sync schedules. We both are very busy and we are hard to sync.
In other news, Cody got into the MBA program at Wash U - a very prestigious business school. Yippee for him. I'm really proud of him and glad we have some direction in our lives now but I'm still on the fence about how I feel about being stuck (I mean "chosing to stay") in St. Louis for another three years. I like it here. We like it here. It's a pretty fun place to be. But we've done 99% of what we wanted to do here so if we left now I wouldn't be crying. Another three years here seems like a really long time. I'm sure it will pass super fast - as the last three years have. But I feel like we could be exploring something new for the next three years and now we're committing to the same old thing for another three. And that's fine for a lot of people - but we're in the stage right now where we want to see things and have the desire/ability to move around. But this is a really good thing for him/us and we'll make it work. Three more winters . . . I can't wait! :)
Friday we both worked pretty late (he picked me up at 8pm) and then went out to eat to celebrate and then had a quiet evening at home (very very rare). It was nice.
Saturday we went to the Soulard Farmers Market with Chris, got some yummy produce and went to the Bastille Day garage sale festival (go figure) and Cody got a stein and I got a bunch of old records (James Taylor, Bruce and the like). After lunch with Chris we went to a fantastic pool party/house-warming party. It was really nice to kick back and relax, have a few beers and swim around (though I am a whimp - if it's barely chilly in the pool I barely get in).
Sunday Cody had an all day golf tournament so I got a lot of work done around the house - laundry, cleaning, etc. - alone time is good sometimes - plus I get a TON of work done when I'm alone. :) Then went out to dinner with the gang at King and I (Cody's favorite restaraunt). Unfortunately for everyone else Cody dared them to get "Thai Hot Number 5" and they about got sick it was so hot - Cody is used to it because he is insane about hot stuff (aka has no taste buds left). :)
So that was it for our fun weekend - nice and fun but also relaxing. Another busy week ahead of us though . . .

p.s. Cody thinks it's creative that people are rumored to go to Harry Potter release parties and flip to the back of the book and shout out the endings. NOT FUNNY!

No comments: