Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Kitties!

The kitties are five years old today (Aug. 1)!!! I didn't get them quite five years ago (I got them Sept. 12) but they were born "on or about" (that's a technical legal phrase) Aug. 1, so they are five years today (give or take a day or two)!!! They were originally adopted as Jasmine, Ariel, and Nala but upon moving to St. Louis, Cody changed their names to Wiggles, Bumpis and Mr. Pickles (respectively). So that's what they remain today. When I emailed Cody today to tell him the exciting news about their birthday, what was his response? Not "that's really cool" or "happy birthday to them" but "Only 10 years to go!" But then Melanie said she knew of two cats that lived to be 18 and 20 years old so he might have 13-15 years to go - poor Cody. :)
Anyway, Happy Birthday Kitties.

p.s. While I was doing my Europe 2002 scrapbook, one of the entries in my journal was "things I want to do when I get home" - there were a number of things listed like go to the beach, eat BBQ (and ketchup), get my hair cut, etc. and then "think about getting a cat and find it a good name." Well, I ended up with three and none of them have good names. :)

No comments: